Well we’ve seen a bunch of Braves news lately, so we’ll hit it real fast for ya:
- Morton pitched well yesterday – one hit through seven innings, but he gave up a home run to Prince Fielder, and the Braves fell 4-2.
- C.C. Sabathia showed us yesterday why we need to sign him in the offseason. 8 1/3 innings of four-hit ball. He’s insane.
- Tim Hudson is going ahead with Tommy John surgery – Dr. James Andrews (the recognized expert in this area) will perform the surgery. Hudson will have a 12 month rehab time before he is expected back with the team.
- Chipper is expecting to be back in the lineup Friday, the first day he’s eligible off the DL. He says that “everything feels great” and he’s no longer having trouble with either his hamstring or his quad.
- Brian McCann should be expected back in the starting lineup Monday – he’s nearly done recovering from his concussion. He may pinch hit today.
- Casey Kotchman is off to a slow start in the NL – only 2 for 16 – with 1 RBI. Yes, it’s only been four games, but he’s not on fire.
- Royce Ring has been designated for assignment after a really ugly stretch where his ERA jumped 5 runs. That’s not big league ball stuff. Vladimir Nunez is expected to replace him. Ring, according to the AJC, has the “distinction of the worst statistical season of any reliever in the history of the franchise since the 1870s, among those who appeared in as many games as he did.” That didn’t work out well – he’s a specialist and shouldn’t be pitching as much as he did.
Well there ya have it – maybe we’ll see you at the Stadium today. Ben Sheets is going against Jorge Campillo. Go Braves!
Tags: Ben Sheets, Brian McCann, C.C. Sabathia, Casey Kotchman, Charlie Morton, Chipper Jones, Jorge Campillo, Royce Ring, Tim Hudson
Posted in General, Injuries | 3 Comments »