Tribute To Mets Fans

Written by Kent on February 18, 2010 – 12:19 pm

Very recently, we posted my tribute to the ever lovable Phillies fan. I must tell you that I was truly blown away by the gratitude of Phillies fans, apparently moved that we would take the time to honor them on a Braves blog. Phillies fans never disappoint.

But what about Mets fans? If anything, they’re even MORE deserving a collective toast from Braves faithful and baseball fans everywhere. Their longsuffering loyalty and a devotion that defies all logic is something about which we should all stand in awe. I can think of no fan more deserving of the following homage. Enjoy!

Tags: , , ,
Posted in General | 17 Comments »

17 Responses to “Tribute To Mets Fans”

1. By Andrew Vazzano on Feb 18, 2010 | Reply

Ouch.

2. By Jonathan on Feb 18, 2010 | Reply

You know you've missed us. Hope you're back to being healthy and ready for another season.

3. By MisterMet845 on Feb 18, 2010 | Reply

Does this pass for clever in Hotlanta?

4. By Kent C. on Feb 18, 2010 | Reply

It passes for good sport. The Mets have provided us with countless laughs over the years!

5. By >.< on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

I hate you

6. By :,( on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

7. By Kent C. on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

LOL… right to the point. I like that.

8. By NJBaseball on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

The Phillies one was better. But at least both teams sell out their postseason games. And Opening Day.

9. By cj_az on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

Thank you for helping to polarize me towards supporting the Phils. It will be years before any team unseats them. If nothing else, I wouldn't mind seeing them snap the Braves record of division titles. Hey, they might be able to parlay that into more than one championship as well, which is more than I can say for the Bravos.

10. By Kent C. on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

LOL!! The Braves have an excellent chance to unseat the Phillies THIS year. If not this year, certainly over one of the next couple season with all this young talent arriving/maturing (Jurrjens, Hanson, Escobar, Prado, Heyward, Freeman, and others). But it'll be a while for the Mets, so I can understand why it would be comforting for you to believe that NO ONE can unseat the Phillies… but it's just not so. THE METS can't unseat the Phillies, but the Braves very well could. =)

11. By Dan on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

Wow, maybe the mets have had their collapses and the phillies have had their history of losing but the braves haven't been so hot lately. You guys should shut your mouths considering both teams have been better in the last 4 years. How about you root for your own team instead of bashing us.

12. By Kent C. on Feb 19, 2010 | Reply

Dan, wow… a bit testy are we? Just a joke, my man. Mets fans were happy to ridicule us a couple of years ago when injuries ruined our chances. You guys can't take a little jab now? =)

13. By MetropolitanMan1 on Feb 20, 2010 | Reply

Once again its on Kent, hope you have your kleenex ready. Talk all you want about my Mets, that wont stop them from coming hard especailly after the past three years of disappointment. Get your ideas for a wager together as I will do the same. I'll see ya at the Ted possibly but im moving back to NY (maybe before the season starts). Now i'll be around the Mets faithful and give your Braves the business at Citi. So if you ever come up, let me know and i'll give you the Grand Tour. Talk to you later. Oh, for some reason your video or whatever did not play for me so maybe I was spared. Hope that dinosaur you call a pen holds up for the long haul and Wagner doesn't upset anyone like he has on every team he has played for.
    LGM!

14. By LWFasterStronger on Feb 20, 2010 | Reply

Seems a little glass-house-y for an Atlanta fan to take aim at a fanbase for, y'know, actually caring enough to show up at games.

But yeah, I laughed a little. Then I sighed. Then I held back tears. Because that's where we are in the Met fan cycle right now. It's like we're all having a really bad pregnancy… except nothing's getting birthed.

Hope everyone stays healthy… it could be a fun race.

15. By Dave on Feb 21, 2010 | Reply

yeah that must be it. get a life

16. By Kent C. on Feb 21, 2010 | Reply

MetroMan!!!! Glad you showd up!!! =)

It was just audio. Were you looking on a phone or something without a flash player?

Anyway, I'm up for a Mets/Braves wager. Just let me know!

17. By doug on Feb 21, 2010 | Reply

Way to go Kent these guys can't stand the thought of another 14 year run of NL East championship for the Braves, but the young pieces are in place. They know what lies ahead, and they can't take it.